Visiting the River
The site you choose to visit will depend on your learning outcomes and on what activities you would like the children to do. We are happy to work with you to determine the best site for your needs. Below is a list of sites we have used before:
- Sites with coach parking only
- Bollihope Burn near Hill End, Frosterley
- Sites with coach parking and toilets
- Riverside Park, Chester-le-Street
- Wearmouth, Roker, Sunderland
- Sites with coach parking, toilets and indoor classroom
- Harehope Quarry, Frosterley
In the past we have also arranged visits in conjunction with Killhope Lead Mining Museum and Washington Wetlands Centre.
Where possible we will help you use your local river as an outdoor classroom and we would also be happy to show you sites where we have done habitat improvement works and where we have installed fish passes.
To organise a field trip or have Wear Rivers Trust visit your school, contact Lucy Lovett at email@example.com with the following information:
Year group/age range of participants
Number of participants
Site you are interested in visiting
Brief overview of what you want participants to learn/see/do!